Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Oatmeal and Green Tea


   

     Namaste and Good morning,

                     As fall arrives I quickly take notice to my body's response. What a challenging time of year for most of us. Sometimes I don't even notice the tolls it takes on my mental health and thus leading me down a long, winding road to negativity. Because of these thoughts lead to feelings and the feelings lead to action (or lack thereof), I've decided to start blogging again. I don't really know what I am looking for here. But I know that I enjoy writing my thoughts and that I cannot find a reason to not release this negative or positive energy, which usually ends with some clarity. So do not seek truth in my thoughts or my writings. I'm just writing down in hopes for growth, as a writer, as a mom, as a human, as a spiritual being, and so on. So, bare with me through this path of growth as I write down thoughts that my mind so creatively creates into my reality.

        This morning was the supposed to be the first day that I take back my eating habits and my life. However, I can honestly tell you, this isn't the first day. This isn't the first time. This probably won't be the last time. I never noticed how addicted to junk food I was until I started researching about natural health and how eating "correctly" not only brings bodily clarity, it brings so much clarity to your mind and your soul.
And when I say eating "correctly", I am not talking about starving yourself. I am talking taking time out of your day and life to educate yourself about... YOU.

    I am so disappointed that the education system failed to tell me what a marvel we are. Some of my studies have shown me how the human body is such a complex and perfectly timed and tuned being. It has a control system (the brain) that teaches itself. That's right. From the day you are born, you have no coordination. You have no sense of the world. You just are a being, soaked in newness, freshness... and good. But within the first few years of your life, you make all of these connections with your brain. You teach it how to control your muscles. You teach it how to sync up the parts of your brain that control the muscles, and the eye to begin to develop your gross and fine motor skills. It begins to record how to use your muscles in your mouth to talk. It records how to say these words and creates association with the items or people or things that you see.

Not only did they not tell me how the body truly functions, the education system continually fails to teach us how to take care of this body. They failed to tell me that sometimes what you are paying attention to the food you are putting into your body, you don't realize the damage it does. I'm not just talking about obesity, diabetes, heart conditions, etc... I am talking about the effect it has on your MIND.

       THE MIND IS LIMITLESS. But that does not make it immortal. Your brain is a part of your body, and just like other organs in your body may need more things to help it function, the brain is no different. Not taking care of yourself can not just change your being, but it can totally change your reality.

   On this spiritual journey, I have realized the importance of my health. I really hope to continue to eat things that support cell regrowth, to support my immune system, and to support my physical, mental, and spiritual growth.

  I hope this blog is the start of something new and amazing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment