Saturday, November 14, 2015

Black Coffee



        Today I was discussing with K what direction I want my life to move in. I found out that the person who got me this 20 hour job that I enjoy, is now looking to increase her hours. Since I am at the bottom of the totem poll I knew that meant that I was going to have less hours.

     This didn't make me mad, or upset. I understand that it is not only I who needs money. Money (although not real and total bullshit) is the base of our society. It's how we afford the things we have, and sometimes are able to go into debt to get the things we want. Money helps us maintain the products we have, and they create this false idea of worth.

      I do not want to live a life where I am in a race to make the most money and to be on the top of the totem poll. it seems like such a dead end. Whether I step on people get to the top of the totem poll or whether I am being stepped on in pursuit of getting to the top, someone is getting stepped on in pursuit of a piece of paper. What kind of noble citizen am I really being? What kind of human being am I?

     I am in pursuit of something so much more. I want to fight hunger. First within myself and then outward for the community. I fully understand that money is a part of the world I live in, and it takes money to travel. It takes money to buy things. But overall... living a sustainable life. Giving back to the earth, and people of it... is what fuels my heart. Teaching people ways to sustain their life. Teaching people ways to step outside of the rat RACE and be a part of the HUMAN RACE.

   I don't want my ENTIRE day.. my ENTIRE LIFE to be counted on my job to provide my family with food and shelter. That's something that is naturally given to me by God and Mother Earth herself. I have the power and intelligence to learn how to use the Earth and resources in my favor and in the favor of the world. I want my money and my job to be a nice little connection to the society and the people in it. For the money that it gives me to better my life not to create it. I am the creator of my life, and I plan on creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment